Streambed Restoration Workshop
LEARN HOW TO:
- SAVE MONEY
- ADDRESS EROSION ISSUES BEFORE TROUBLE ARISES
PROTECT AND ENHANCE LAND
- PROVIDE NATIVE SPECIES HABITAT
- LEARN NEW SKILLS
- REDUCE EROSION AND RUNOFF
- IMPROVE WATER QUALITY
- CREATE STABLE STREAMBANKS
- SCALE SOLUTION TO PROBLEM
- USE LOCAL MATERIALS
October 2-3, 2018 | River Ridge Ranch, Springville, CA
WORKSHOP PURPOSE: CLICK HERE
Teach hands-on alternative, holistic techniques for avoiding and fixing common erosion problems that arise on foothill ranches.
- learn how to maintain what you fix. Use onsite or easily-obtained materials, hand labor and/or common machinery to repair roads, gullies, banks, troughs and trails.
- this workshop will be taught by experts, well-versed in on-the-ground, common ranching problems and needs.
You or your managers or helpers will:
- learn how to “read” the land in order to avoid problems before making changes
- understand how water works and how to have it work with you and for you
- be able to use materials at-hand to make repairs using natural techniques
- save $$
- improve water quantity and quality
- improve habitat and wildlife
- increase the value of your land
The workshop will be limited to about 25 active participants. All participants should provide their own food.
This is a FREE event.
Active participants are expected to perform the repair tasks and be able to walk one mile roundtrip daily. Shade, seating, water and toilet will be available at the work site.
WORKSHOP AGENDA: CLICK HERE